Hello everyone, this week’s post is a simple one as I haven’t done a recipe in ages.
Most days, I will either have porridge or a green smoothie for breakfast. I’m a creature of habit! However sometimes it’s nice to treat yourself on a weekend.
Before I went vegan, I was completely addicted to eggs. I ate at least 3 a day. The perfect breakfast for me was fried eggs on toast, scrambled egg, eggy bread, etc. Anything that had an egg in it really. I am fully engaged with why it’s not okay to eat eggs, hence vegan, but eggs are probably the only thing I miss. I don’t really remember meat, it doesn’t faze me one bit. But if someone plates up some eggs I do feel a little jealous. Then I remember why I don’t eat them, move on, and have something smothered in peanut butter and the world is right again.
Imagine my excitement when I realised I could have vegan french toast! Sure, it does not have the same ‘eggy’ taste but it is still gorgeous. I’m wondering if a savoury version could be made with tofu and nutritional yeast/black salt for the sulphuric taste…
This french toast is made with incredibly simple ingredients. Bread, Banana, soya milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. And of course, don’t forget your toppings.
Vegan French Toast
- 1 ripe banana
- 200ml soya milk, or your choice of plant-based milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Your choice of bread (thick bread will work best)
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork. Add the soya milk, cinnamon, vanilla and mix well. You may adjust the quantity of milk, the mixture just needs to be thin enough to pour.
- Heat your pan up with a little oil.
- Dunk the bread in the mixture, allowing it to soak up the liquid. Note: if you are using thinly sliced bread, don’t leave it in there too long otherwise it’ll fall apart!
- Cook on each side for a few minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite toppings! I used a little peanut butter and strawberries.
And that’s it! An incredibly easy breakfast for lazy weekends.
I know I’ve been posting a lot about fitness lately, if you would like to see more recipes please comment below! I will happily show you more of what I eat.
Have a great Sunday everyone,